Written by Maria Bernadette
Estimated reading time: 1 min 30 sec
Update: Wanna make a OWT trip? Use our latest Free Floating service today!
For the longest time, we’ve been receiving tons of comments and suggestions on the option of driving our cars one-way. You spoke and we listened because your happiness is our happiness. Today, we are thrilled to introduce you to our newest service, Hub2Hub, which allows you to book a car for one-way trips at GoCar hubs.
If you’re wondering what are GoCar hubs, think of them as typical GoCar locations that provide you with an additional option to drive one-way. In other words, the hubs are created to redefine convenience. The interstate one-way trips are currently available at two locations:
- GoCar Malaysia (Hub) in Petaling Jaya
- Bay Point (Level P2) (Hub) in Country Garden Danga Bay, Johor Bahru
If you often head down to Johor to visit family and friends or just to slurp on a delicious bowl of curry laksa, Hub2Hub is undoubtedly your go-to service. It omits the need for you to park the GoCar back at the initial pick-up point and gives you the liberty to select the drop-off point.
Conversely, if you’re travelling from Johor to Kuala Lumpur to explore the city that never sleeps, Hub2Hub should be your service of choice for a seamless journey.
So, how one-way trips work:
- Pick-up – Select a GoCar hub as your pick-up point.
- Drop-off – Then, select another GoCar hub as your drop-off point.
- Unlock – Unlock the GoCar via our app and start your trip.
- Drive – Drive the GoCar to the selected drop-off point.
Here are different ways on how you could identify the hubs via our GoCar Malaysia app:
Bay Point (Hub), JB: Lookout for the ‘HUB’ red marker in the enlargeable map of Johor Bahru under Map View.
With the launch of our Hub2Hub service, we hope to include more interstate destinations to reach out to more people. Show us love and support by sharing this big news to everyone you know for us to constantly improve our services. 🙂
- Hub2Hub service is currently available for interstate one-way drives only.
- GoCar hubs consist of Hub2Hub GoCars (one-way trips) and regular GoCars (round trips).
- A surcharge of RM150.00 and RM200.00 per reservation applies for the Nissan Almera and Renault Captur respectively when you take a Hub2Hub GoCar.